- Research your Yurman jewelry for details
- Learn the market value of your Yurman
- Contact several potential buyers
- Arrange to make the sale.
1) Research Your Items for Details
- Try to find your David Yurman item(s) on the Yurman website, take a screenshot, or take notes such as collection name, retail price, metal, and gemstones.
- If your Yurman piece is a current model, you will find it on the David Yurman website or an authorized retailer’s website, such as Nordstrom or Neiman Marcus. You can find the name of the item collection, the metal, gemstones, diamonds, and retail price from these sites. Then you can help the buyer make you his best offer by sending this information directly to him.
- If your item is an older vintage piece, you will no longer be able to find it on the Yurman or other retailer’s websites. In this case, please take photos of your item, and describe it to the best of your ability.
- You can also stop by a friendly neighborhood jeweler who may be willing to help you identify the metal, gemstones, and diamond weights of your items. Any info you can gather will be helpful for a buyer to give you an accurate offer. They may even make you an offer if they deal in estate (used) jewelry!
What’s my David Yurman Jewelry Worth?
2) Learn the market value of Yurman
- It is vital to learn what your David Yurman jewelry is worth. If you don’t, then you will either sell it too low or not end up not finding a buyer because you expect too much.
- Check sites such as Ebay, Etsy, and other online market places for your item. Please note that you must check COMPLETED SALES only as this is the only accurate gauge of the item’s actual value.
- I can’t tell you how many times a seller contacts me and says she sees her exact piece on eBay for $3000 and assumes its worth that amount. However, after looking at completed sales, she discovers it only sold once or twice recently for around $1500.
- Even spending just 15 minutes looking at completed sales on a few reputable resale sites, you will have a good understanding of your item’s market value, and you will be ready for the next step.
Where to sell David Yurman Jewelry?
3) Contact several potential buyers.
- Everyone knows that you should never sell your item to the first buyer unless you already know precisely how much your Yurman is worth, and you already know and trust this buyer.
- Contact Several David Yurman buyers with these details about your David Yurman item for sale to get offers. If you completed the previous steps, you should already have all the information you need to send to each buyer.
- Consider local buyers as well as mail-away buyers, as long as they are reputable.
- Send a couple of good pictures to each buyer; a picture is worth a 1000 words.
- Be sure to examine your Yurman pieces for damage such as scratches or chips on gemstones, dents, and deep scratches on gold or silver. The condition can dramatically affect an item’s value so eliminate surprises for yourself and your buyer by disclosing damage.
Who buys David Yurman Jewelry near me?
4) Arrange to make the sale
- Several factors will determine to whom you decide to sell your Yurman jewelry.
- First, you need to decide if you want to sell your Yurman in-person to a local buyer or ship it away to an out of state buyer. Local is better if you are not comfortable sending away your David Yurman jewelry. As long as you’ve completed steps 1-3, you will be able to complete a deal locally for a fair market price.
- Depending on where you live, you may not be able to find a strong David Yurman buyer locally. In this situation, research the best online David Yurman buyers, and send your items away to the one who makes the best offer.
- Keep in mind price is not the only factor to consider. The responsiveness and friendliness of the buyer can often outweigh a marginally higher offer. Always go with your instinct as to whom you choose to sell your Yurman jewelry. Your gut feeling is rarely wrong!